Skip to main content

Why The third Match up will be the Best matchup






Unfortunately, we have to wait an entire week (close to it) until we get a chance to see the third match-up between the Cleveland Cavs and the Golden State Warriors. I think this will be best game in the trilogy.
This year it will be Cleveland trying to prove to everyone that it was no fluke they beat the Warriors in last year. Many people including myself think the suspension of Draymond Green put the Cavs in the position to win. The Warriors were up 3-2 and then Green got hit with a suspension for his reaction to Lebron James placing his NUTS on his head. I don’t know about any of you but Bron is lucky all Draymond did was swipe in his direction. Stepping over a grown man is completely disrespectful and in a street ball game that exchange would have ended completely different. In summary Bron placed NUTS on Greens head and Green shoots up and swipes in Bron’s direction, but Green get suspended. Green’s antics in the OKC series also played a part in him being sat for game 5. Either way that suspension is what many viewed as the reason the Cavs won.
The game will be different; both teams appear to be hungry! In 2015, the Warriors bested the Cavs for the championship. Many people credited their win to the injuries of Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love. Bron wasn’t able to carry those JAGS past the Warriors on his own. In 2016, the Cavs bested the Warriors for the championship. Many people credit their victory to the suspension of Draymond Green. This third match-up will be the tiebreaker, it will be the game that will decide it all. Nobody will be able to make any excuses for either team because they each got three cracks at it. I fully expect it to be a great series.
For starters, Kevin Durant has entered the contest. Durant is a prolific scorer. He also seems to be engaged on the defensive side of the ball. I’m not saying he is a shutdown defender but he seems a lot more craftier when using his body and height. Durant has no chance at stopping Lebron but his height will come in hand for the Warriors in the terms of help defense. Like the Warriors, the Cavs are very unselfish and their bigs can pass. Lebron loves to pass the ball, so Durant can use his height to get in passing lanes and alter the driving shots of Irving and Williams. No, I don’t expect Durant to be Hakeem Olajuwon, but he does give them a seven footer (6’11 with a 7’6 wing span) that is able to block a shot or two. Durant by himself is pure entrainment, put him on a team with three other all-stars, in his second championship situation, and he should rise to the occasion.

The biggest reason that I feel this match-up will be the best is anticipation. Curry, Klay, Dreymond, Lerbon, Irving, and Love have all been waiting for this moment. We all know that the regular season means nothing. It was 82 pre-season games for these two teams. Lebron is headed to his 7th straight NBA Finals. He plays for the postseason. Curry has had that look in his face all season. He didn’t like the way he played in those last 3 games and he wants to atone for that. Draymond is….. Draymond! He is always a ball of lightning, he is always ready and I promise he won’t be letting his teammates down this series. Kyrie Irving is chasing his second ring. He has had a spectacular postseason and I think he is ready to show everyone that he can carry this team. You never know what Klay is feeling or thinking, his facial expressions never change. It’s been business as usual for K Love! With the anticaipation for these six superstars and the addition of Kevin Durant, this will be an amazing NBA Finals series. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NFC West 2017 preview: 49ers

            Parity in any sports league is a good thing, it means that there is competition, throughout the league and not really one dominate team. The San Francisco 49ers don’t have to concern themselves the leagues Parity because they are one of the least competitive teams in the league. Trust me this will be a very short blog!             The 49ers are in rebuild mode. No this isn’t a retool situation, this is a blow it up, burn it down, destroy the entire thing situation. The 49ers won two games last season and was a non-factor in most of those games. They brought a fist year general manager in John Lynch. Lynch then brought in first year head coach Kyle Shannahan. Together they have a pile of horse sh** on their hands. Where do you start with this team?             The 49ers finished 32 nd in yards allowed and points allowed per game l...

NFC North Preview 2017: Chicago Bears

          You know that saying, “you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig”, that is how I feel about the Chicago Bears. I can sit at this computer, go over a bunch of stats, and try to boost the fans hope in this team. That just isn’t realistic. The Bears stunk to the high heavens last year. They didn’t make any significant improvements and if their rookie quarter doesn’t develop this season they’re 5 years away from contending for a division title. This is a review blog, so I will discuss the team’s off-season moves and some of their star players. Just don’t read this expecting to hear from the Bears hype-man, because I ain’t he and he aint I!             Getting right to it, the Bears are a better team with the departures of Alshon Jeffery and Jay Cutler. I know it’s hard to consider them being better losing their best player in Jeffery, but they are. Alson Jeffery has the size, skill set...

NFC South Preview: Buccaneers

        Sports discussions come in many shapes and sizes. When talking about sports you run into some of the strangest fans. I don’t mean strange for rooting for their team, but how and why they began liking their team. Case in point, the rise of New England Patriot fans, Golden State Warriors fans, and Clemson Tiger fans have greatly expanded these teams fan bases. When people say they like one of these teams, you think to yourself, "how long have you liked this team?" I was driving Uber the other day, wearing my Dallas Cowboys hat, and got into a discussion with a Tampa Bay Buccaneer’s fan. At first, I couldn’t believe I was talking about the Buccaneers because they aren’t a team that jumps out at you. They had a quiet off-season, a solid draft, and not many super star players. After talking to him, I may have to keep an eye on the Buccaneers this season. While, I don’t share the same enthusiasm as my Uber rider for the Bucs. They are doing some good things in ...