College Football is a lot more interesting when there is
chaos! I think everyone wants to see the best four teams but they want to see
those teams challenged and battle tested. The College football selection committee
has created that. No longer can teams play these cupcake schedules, win their
respected conferences, and make it to a bowl game. You have to earn it! The
season means everything, your resume has to better than the next schools, and
you have to win your conference. I would hate to be on the selection committee this
year.
Is there anyway to get this thing wrong this season? There
are ten team worthy of playing in the playoffs this year. But, this isn’t
little league sports, everybody doesn’t win in this scenario. That will make a
bunch of people mad and it should. Oklahoma, Clemson, Wisconsin, Auburn, Alabama,
UCF, Miami, Georgia, Ohio State, Penn State all deserve the right to play in the
college football playoffs. So, now let’s narrow it down to four teams.
I’m so glad that all the hype that the SEC has received over
the last few years is coming back to bite the committee in the ass. They’ve
held the SEC to the highest possible standard and now their beloved Crimson
Tide may miss the college football playoffs. In fact Alabama won’t even be
playing in the SEC championship game. At the beginning of the College football rankings
for this year, Georgia and Alabama sat #1, and #2. I was outraged because it
seemed like the committee was doing what they always do, suck off the SEC. I
also thought that Alabama would win the conference and there wouldn’t be
anything to debate about them making the playoffs. Now that a two lose Auburn
team has beaten the Crimson Tide everything has changed.
Auburn has arguably been the best team in the nation over
the last month. They’ve beaten the number one team twice in the last three
weeks. Keep in mind that the number one teams were in the SEC (I didn’t think
either team deserved the ranking). This is how “the best Conference” should
play out. If these teams are so much more superior to all the other teams in
the nation then none of them should finish the season unbeaten. Alabama shouldn’t
be dominating “The Best Conference” in college football the way they have been.
This is the reason I like the playoff committee. If you want to hold the SEC
above everyone else, then automatically put their champion in the playoffs,
which they have. Now that the Champion will be either Georgia or Auburn, they’re
in a position that may force them to leave out beloved Alabama. I love it!
Oklahoma has been outstanding all season long. They had
one hiccup and that was against Iowa State, a conference opponent that has
played the sooners well the last three season. Iowa State also beat TCU.
Oklahoma beat OSU when they were ranked #2 in the nation. They beat Oklahoma
State when they were ranked #8 in the nation. Then the Sooners beat TCU when
they were ranked #5 in the nation. Oklahoma is in the perfect position to win
the big 12 conference and this is a team to look out for in the playoffs. That
offense hasn’t been stopped all season. Baker Mayfield has proven to be one of
the best players in all of college football. I think they deserve the #1
ranking and I think they will win the national championship game.
Clemson has the luxury of being last year’s champion! I say
luxury because they have floated around the top 4 all season long despite not
playing a tough schedule. They did beat Auburn earlier this season, but they’ve
been riding their success from last season. With that said, Clemson is one of
the top four teams in college football. They beat Auburn and right now that’s enough
to keep them in the playoff rankings. They have a winner take all game against
Miami this weekend. Both teams won’t go, and I think Clemson might have the
advantage in this one.
Wisconsin is undefeated! That’s all they bring to the
table. Their resume sucks but they get the opportunity to show the world that
they deserve to play in the playoffs with a win against the Buckeyes. I don’t
think the Badgers beat the Buckeyes, which will then open the door up for
another team to get in the fourth seed. Will that be OSU (big 10 champion) or the
committee baby Alabama!
My college football top four after week 13 are #1 Oklahoma,
#2 Auburn, #3 Clemson and #4 Wisconsin. My first two out at #5 and #6 are
Alabama and UCF! If Ohio State wins the Big 10 then they’re in. Although I
think UCF should get the nod because they would have gone undefeated and won
their conference.





Comments
Post a Comment